or Samvat ki Idli also known in english as Barnyard Millets, Kuthiravali in Tamil, Udalu in Telugu, Shyama in Bengali, Khira in Oriya, Swank in Punjabi, Kavadapullu in Malayalam, Oodalu in Kannada plus other names for Samwat chawals are bhagar,samo, saanwa , samak, saunfiya, samkiye, vari chawal, varai. As only sama rice is allowed inthis idli is made from sanwa chalwa and sabudana (sago/javarisi) so it’s vegan, gluten-free and healthy idli, dosa recipe.
we make. If you can take cooking soda while fasting then do add 1/2 tsp of soda in batter before fermenting and it will make the idli more soft and fluffy, the choice is yours.
Sama idlis are good change from usual that mostly people making during .
If not making sama idli for fasting then make this as normal idli using urad dal to get perfect idlis which will be still gluten-free with benefits of millets. I also made dosa and it’s not crispy like normal dosa but decent enough soft and delicious what more to ask during vrat days.
You can also check other
Healthy, gluten-free, vegan idli, dosa made with Barnyard Millets for Fasting or Vrat.
9 Hrs 10 Mins
1 Cup – Sama/Barnyard Millets/Kuthiravali
3/4 Cup – Sabudana/Sago
As Required – Oil
To Taste – Sendha Namak/Rock Salt
- Wash and soak Samvat rice/barnyard millets and sabudana/sago separately for 3 to 4 hours., soak sago in large bowl as they will expand after soaking.
- Drain all the water and grind both samvat and sabudana together in to slightly granular, you don’t have to add water to grind as sago absorbs water while soaking. If required add 1-2 tbsp water, other the batter will become watery.
- Transfer the batter in a large bowl, cover and let it fermate over night or for 6 to 8 hours. When ready to make idli, add sendha namak and mix gently to combine well. Heat water in idli cooker or steamer and grease idli plates (if using wet cloth lay that on idli plate) fill each impression with a ladle full of batter or until 3/4.
- Place idli plates on steamer or idli cooker and steam for 8 to 10 mins or until cooked off flame and allow to cool for 5 mins before you open the steamer.
- Sprinkle little water on each plate, use a spoon to scoop out idli. If using cloth then gently invert the cloth to remove idli.
- To make dosa, heat tawa and pour 1 big ladle of batter, spread in circular motion to make dosa, don’t make it very large. Sprinkle oil on edges and cook until dosa sides leaves pan or becomes golden brown, don’t be in hurry to turn the dosa. Flip dosa and cook for a min, repeat for rest (color of dosa differs in pictures due to lighting).
Serve hot or warm with
Serve hot or warm with peanut sesame chutney phalahari dhaniya chutney , coconut chutney.
- If you cooking soda is allowed in your fasting rules then add 1/4 tsp of soda in batter before fermenting, it will helps to yields soft idlis. I didn’t added soda.
- You can prepare tadka of cumin, finely chopped curry leaves, grated ginger and add in to batter before steaming idli to add more flavors.
Healthy idli and dosa for vrat.
samvat idli-dosa recipe,fasting idli dosa recipe,falahari recipes,falahari food,bhagar chawak ke idli dosa,vrat ki idli recipe,Kuthiravali idli dosa, glutenfree idli,sama chawal ke idli recipe, Faraali Idli recipe,Faraali Recipes, Sama Ke Chawal Ki Idli,samak rice (saanwa , shyama, saunfiya, sama, samkiye) idlis, fasting recipes, vrat ka khana, upwas khana, upvas recipes, navratri fasting food,easy snacks,
Barnyard millets or samvat and sabudana both has sweet hint so the idli taste slightly sweet which actually makes the idli and dosa delicious, I didn’t use cooking soda or eno (fruit salt) to ferment the batter so one can’t expect the idli to bi soft and fluffy likewe make. If you can take cooking soda while fasting then do add 1/2 tsp of soda in batter before fermenting and it will make the idli more soft and fluffy, the choice is yours.Sama idlis are good change from usualthat mostly people making during vrat days, you can make this as snack or even dinner with peanut chutney green chutney and serve along any other snack. One can also make this idli on normal days it’s doesn’t have to made only during upwas to relish. Know more aboutIf not making sama idli for fasting then make this as normal idli using urad dal to get perfect idlis which will be still gluten-free with benefits of millets. I also made dosa and it’s not crispy like normal dosa but decent enough soft and delicious what more to ask during vrat days.You can also check other Navratri Fasting (Vrat)Recipes Healthy idli and dosa for vrat.
चावल के आटे से बनाये इडली वो भी बहुत ही नरम और स्पंजी | rice idli | chawal ke atte ki idli | idli
चावल के आटे से बनाये इडली वो भी बहुत ही नरम और स्पंजी | rice idli | chawal ke atte ki idli | idli दोस्तों आज में chawal ke atte ki idli की recipe शेयर कर रही हु इस rice idli को बनाना बहुत ही आसान है जब कभी आप के पास समय न हो और इडली सांभर खाने का मन करे तो दाल चावल की इडली बनाने की जगह chawal ke atte ki idli बनाये ये rice idli बहुत ही सॉफ्ट और स्पंजी बनेगी और ये idli बहुत ही जल्दी बनकर तैयार हो जाती है |